Sunday, February 21, 2010

Owen's Nursery

Well, as the NICU nurses always say - never count on something until it actually happens. Sadly, the surprise I was so excited to share didn't happen today. Hopefully it will this week & when it does, I will post pictures.

However, Rory and I worked all morning yesterday to wrap up Owen's nursery so I thought I would share photos! Note the net on top of the crib - Rory did the research, purchased, and installed the net. It will keep our little guy safe from our other first child, the kitty Joelle, if she ever happens to sneak into his room while he's sleeping. All of the wall decorations (minus the one framed piece) are decals. They stick on the wall and when we are ready for a change, they peel right off! No mess. We love them!



Owen's day was really good! He is getting so big. When we look at him now we can really see him fattening up and becoming more like a 'real' baby! It's much more fun for Rory and I to hold him now because he feels much less fragile. He's still super, super small compared to a full term baby, but he feels sturdy to us at almost 4lb! Here is a photo of him I had to snap today. It was right after Rory held him and right before we put on a a fresh diaper and new outfit. He was sucking away on his binky and if you look at his left hand, he's snuggling with his blanket. So cute!


Owen is 32 days old today!

1 comment:

  1. The nursery is GORGEOUS!!!! I love it! I love him sucking on his little binky! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete