Friday, February 19, 2010

CLOTHES!!!!!

We're so excited - today Owen got to start wearing CLOTHES! To full term babies this is not a big deal, for preemies it's HUGE! I knew this day was coming (eventually). I washed all of his preemie clothes and have had them sitting in his room waiting for weeks. Quietly waiting. And today I actually got to use them! We finally got to give Owen his weekly bath (two days late, but better late than never) and after his 8pm cares, the nurse let us know that it was time to try out some clothes! So I picked out a little outfit and we were off!

Even better, after he was dressed, the nurse swaddled him in a nice blanket. This was his first time being swaddled (besides really fast swaddles for the bath, etc). I was not prepared with a stash of our blankets, so she used some of the hospital's blankets, but he was so comfortable. You can bet I'll be bringing our blankets in tomorrow to start using them! She then set the isolette's temperature to room temp to see how he does. This is a huge step towards an open air crib! Hopefully in the next few days I'll be posting pictures of our big boy in his big crib!

We got great news today from Owen's doctors. They heard back from the neurologists at Children's and they said they didn't believe the CAT scan showed anything to be concerned about. They agreed to continue doing weekly head ultrasounds to monitor the level of fluid, and continue measuring his head circumference weekly to monitor growth. Unless anything concerning showed up in future tests, there is nothing to be concerned about. Yea! This was the news we were expecting, but it's great to hear it's the final diagnosis!

Owen also handled the increased caffeine intake really well. His stats were all very calm today. I forgot to mention yesterday that Owen's right eye had a little infection in it. The doctors prescribed some eye drops and it already looks so much better! He's a fast healer.

Finally, Owen weighed in at a hefty 3lb 14oz today! Yea Owen!

Owen is 30 days old today!

2 comments:

  1. Keep growing Owen. You look so sweet all dressed up. Happy 1-month birthday. We look forward to being able to hold you and hug you in person.
    --Grandma and Grandpa Dibble

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen is SUCH a little CUTIE! I love love LOVE his clothes! Jarrod thinks he looks like Rory, but i kinda think he looks like his mama. LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog. I think i would die without it! Love you guys! Miss you everyday!

    ReplyDelete