It's been a busy couple of days at the Dibble household! Grandma and Grandpa Dibble (Rory's parents) are here visiting. We went out to a nice italian dinner last night (and I enjoyed a nice glass of post-pregnancy wine) and before I knew it, I was exhausted and ready for bed. So I'm sorry I didn't post last night!!!!
As I'm writing this, I'm in Owen's NICU room and Rory is holding him on his chest as he is tube fed his 11am feedings. He did really well yesterday on plain breast milk, but he didn't gain any weight. The caloric value of breast milk isn't enough to cause preemies to gain weight - only enough to hold them steady. Starting at this feeding, he is slowing having the fortification introduced back into his diet. They're starting slowly - by adding only 2 additional calories of fortification per feeding to see how he does.
Owen is still on the high flow oxygen cannula, but he is doing really well. He seems very comfortable on it - his oxygen levels have stayed very consistent. However, he still tries to rip it out of his nose constantly!
It's official - Owen has outgrown his preemie paci! He has been upgraded to the green pacifier (scroll to prior post to see a picture of it). The nurse gave it to me yesterday to have as a keepsake. Our little guy is growing!!!!
Keep your fingers crossed - Owen is one ounce away from being three pounds. Hopefully I'll be posting tomorrow that he's a three pounder!
Owen is 18 days old today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment