Saturday, February 13, 2010

Little Snuggler!

Today was a really nice day for Owen. Overall it was slow and steady. He had a pretty eventful day yesterday so we tried to even it out with a more quiet day today. Rory and I did some errands in the morning (like actually going grocery shopping and doing a load of laundry - both very rare since Owen's birth!) and arrived at the hospital just in time for Owen's 2pm cares. That is much later than normal, but I guess it's worth it to have milk in the fridge and clean clothes for the two of us!

I held Owen from the 2pm cares until the 5pm cares - it was a blast. He was so snuggly. It was great!

Our little guy is now up to 29ccs of food every three hours. He's handling it like a champ - they are now increasing the amount based on his weight. So, since he gained THREE ounces yesterday, he's up in volume for his feedings. Can you tell I'm still excited about his big 3 ounce weight gain? :)

Owen is still showing signs of reflux. I'm going to bring it up at the Wednesday Grand Rounds to make sure it's on their radar. Since reflux doesn't have set 'signs' or 'symptoms' beyond the little guy's discomfort, I am making sure they are aware.

Once again, I forgot to upload the pictures before we left the hospital. Honestly, I was holding him almost the entire time we were there so I didn't have the time! I PROMISE I will try to upload some tomorrow!!!

Owen is 24 days old today!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping everyone posted Jenny! We love hearing all of the great Owen updates and are glad to know that you are all doing well! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete