Owen discovered his thumb today. It was adorable. We gave him a bath and afterward, while we were drying him, we looked up to see he was sucking his thumb! I grabbed the camera and snapped a shot. Here it is:
Owen had a GREAT day! He took two full bottles again. We're going to begin trying to nipple feed at every other feeding throughout the day and night. He's showing signs of wanting to nipple at every feed now, but the nurses think he isn't strong enough to actually do this. So, he would start a bottle and nipple a little, and end up gavaging the rest. So, instead we are going to feed every other and hope he finishes the full bottle every time. After a few days of this, we will start doing two in a row, resting once, etc.
I realized yesterday that I never updated everyone regarding my blood tests taken at my 6 week check-up. The office called me this week and let me know they found no genetic (or otherwise) issues that should cause a higher than average odds of having a difficult pregnancy the second time around. However, since I have already had a preemie, my odds are 30% of having another. Fun, huh?
Finally, I wanted to let everyone know that I'm sorry I haven't been diligent about sending thank-you notes! We have had so many wonderful family and friends sending us gifts for Owen. We REALLY appreciate all of the wonderful sentiments and I apologize for not being more timely! Hopefully I'll be able to get them in the mail soon. Thank you for understanding!
Owen is 51 days old today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment