Tuesday, March 16, 2010

6lb!!!!

Yep. It's true! Owen is officially 6 pounds. Yea! It was very exciting at his 8:30 cares tonight when we did the official weigh in.

Also great news - they upped the lower limits of Owen's oxygen saturation alarm. This means that when his blood oxygen saturation levels reach a certain level, the alarm sounds to let the nurse know (it can be a sign he is having trouble breathing). It used to be set at 85%. They increased the lower limit to 89% today - a much higher standard. The good news is that the alarm barely sounded at all! A week ago today the alarm would have gone off a hundred times with an 89% lower limit. Today, it only sounded a handful of times (usually when he was going to the bathroom! Poor guy!)

The nurse let us know that most likely they will begin to wean him off of his caffeine because of this success. We'll chat with the doctors tomorrow to learn for sure.

Speaking of doctors, I met with our first pediatrician option this morning. I wasn't impressed. We disagreed on a few (big) key issues so I'm going to have to continue interviewing. We have to have a pedi set-up prior to discharge, so I'll hopefully find someone we like soon.

Owen is 55 days old today!

1 comment: