Tuesday, January 5, 2010

24 weeks, 6 days!

It's been 24 weeks already. I cannot believe time is flying by so fast (and on the other hand, going so SLOW!!!!) This is the first of a hopefully weekly update where I'll answer a few questions about the pregnancy so far. We might even include a photo! So let's get started.


Here is the baby update for the week:

How far along: 24 weeks, 6 days!
Sleep: BAD. I'm not sleeping well at all. Between not being able to sleep the way I want (I'm typically a belly sleeper) and having to wake up every few hours to go pee, sleep is not going well right now. Thankfully, Rory is letting Joelle (the cat) snuggle with him at night now instead of me, so that is one less interruption in the night. THANKS RORY!
Best Moment This Week: Last night, we were sitting on the couch and Owen was kicking like crazy! I think the little dude was having a party in there! Rory put his hand on my stomach and felt about five minutes of vicious kicks. The look on his face was priceless.
Movement: See above! He is moving around like crazy - it's definitely the best part of pregnancy!
Food Cravings: None right now. Over the weekend I had a VERY strong urge to eat Oreos dipped in milk. I haven't had that in years. It was so bad I had to get up off the couch and go buy some...which I did...and ate about half the container. At least it's one of the few times I've done that - luckily my weight gain has been right on track so I don't have to beat myself up too badly about an occasional indulgence (or container of indulgence :)
What I miss most: Right now, being able to run. It was such a stress reliever and since I stopped running in my first trimester, my Midwife doesn't advise I start up again. Also, I've developed a nasty case of sciatica, which makes my right leg go numb when I walk any distance at all (even from a parking lot to a store) so I'm feeling super unmotivated to do anything physical.
What I'm looking forward to: My chiropractor apts to start working and fix my sciatica so I can walk again! I've also started going to prenatal yoga classes every Sunday (the photo above was taken after my class this week) and they are so wonderful. It's definitely something I will look forward to each week!
This Week (from the BabyCenter):Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

See what your baby looks like this week.

1 comment: