I can't believe I haven't updated this blog in almost a month! What a bad mommy. It has been a crazy few weeks.
First, I need to clarify the 'surprise' I mentioned in Owen's 11 month letter. I am NOT pregnant! I laughed out loud when someone asked if that was the surprise. We've barely got our act together with one child, silly people! :) The big SURPRISE for Owen was that I sold my business and will now be a stay at home mom!!!!!! This year has been the most stressful year of my life, and I want more quality time with Owen. I'm tired of being stressed all of the time over things that in the long run don't matter. Owen is what matters. I will still work a couple hours each morning doing some consulting, but most of the day will be free to PLAY! Hopefully he doesn't get too sick of me with all of the time we'll have together now. :)
Here are a few cute photos of Owen on Christmas. He loved opening presents (though he got a little lazy and decided it was easiest to open them laying down):
YEA for presents!!!!
The other news I wanted to share was our disappointment with Owen's progress with eating. The nurse that used to come right when Owen came home from the NICU stopped by last week and Owen was eating lunch. She expressed concern that Owen was eating as though he was a 6 month old (remember, he is a week away from being 12 months actual, 9 months adjusted). It was crushing. We knew Owen was behind. But three months behind his adjusted age? Ouch. She also was concerned that he isn't crawling yet. She gave me the contact information for a OT/PT clinic for babies/children in Issaquah. I called the same day and they are going to contact me tomorrow to set-up an appointment for an observation.
I'm sure a huge portion the therapy will be geared to teaching US what to do. What foods to introduce in what order and how to encourage him to begin crawling. My mom works with a early childhood specialist, and she explained that swallowing and crawling are unique because both acts require both sides of the brain, working together. When he pushes himself with 'froggy legs' on his back it only works one side of the brain. So it will be very interesting to hear what the specialists say after the evaluation.
We're very excited for Owen's birthday on the 20th! He will be turning ONE and Gramma and Grandpa Dibble will be visiting and will be in town to attend his 1 year birthday party! We are VERY excited and though it will be a small affair, I have an adorable '1st Birthday' hat that I hope he will keep on at least long enough for a photo. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment