Happy 8 month birthday, my little snuggle buddy!
I can't believe you are already 8 months old! Your personality has really exploded this last month. It has been amazing to watch.
First, you've deciding snuggling with Mommy is the best way to spend the mornings. You have begun sleeping through the night regularly (12 to 13 hour blocks - YEA!!!!!!). You wake up around 6am for a bottle and if we put you back in your crib, scream until I get you out and take you into bed with me. Then you are quiet and content, usually falling back to sleep snuggling with me for another hour or two. This morning your Daddy came home from a run at 7am to find you wide awake, laying next to me (who was sleeping soundly). You were so content just laying there snuggling that you weren't making a peep. Until of course, he gave you a kiss and you realized someone was doing something more exciting than snuggling. (Thanks Daddy!)
You had so much fun going to Missouri and Michigan visiting family. You loved meeting your Aunts & Uncles, your cousins, and all of your Grandparents. You were quite a good traveler. I have to be honest - I was very, very worried about flying with you. But you were great! You even flirted with the flight attendants! Now, coming home we were 'that family', but after 10 days of being a great little boy, I can cut you some slack. You even slept really well the entire time.
You started sitting up, with assistance, this month. I can now put my legs out and you can sit in between them. You use my legs for balance and do really well! Here is a great photo of you sitting still watching Daddy play the guitar (which you love). You will sit for hours like this watching Daddy play and sing for you:
Your eating has really improved too! We had green beans last night. I wish I had the video camera on you. After the first bite a shudder went through your entire body and your face scrunched up in disgust! You were NOT expecting a vegetable. I think you were hoping for banana, and green beans are NOT bananas! But, you went on to eat half of the jar, so it obviously wasn't too bad! Here is a great shot of you post green beans, pre bath:
And finally - here are three of the photos I took for your 8 month photo shoot. Oh boy are you growing fast! First, you found your toes (your Daddy bought your socks on our trip to MI)!
You were so excited. When you are excited you straighten your body out like a board and smile REAL big!
Finally - the Sophie shot:
Happy 8 month birthday, Owen! Mommy loves you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment